Saturday 18 April 2009

Lovely music time!

"This is around the time we first started calling it acid. I remember lying flat on our backs for hours. We'd listen to Ravi Shankar and Missa Louba, from Zaire, which is the mass, partly in Latin, done entirely with drums and African chanting. That was one of our favorites, along with the late quartets of Beethoven." ~ Timothy Leary

So if that's not recommendation enough for you I can't think what else to say, other than, regardless of whether this is great on acid or not, it's incredibly beautiful music that should be listened to at all costs.
Comprising of an African children's folk choir, who sound more angelic and heavenly than anything you'd hear in a western cathedral, and poly-rhythmic drumming that hypnotises your mind, it's a great record for relaxation, contemplation, soul searching, and especially (as I have found myself) getting menial housework out of the way...
The most arduous annoying task seems effortless with this weightlessly uplifting music playing in the background

Download it HERE (74MB)Link
Big thanks to What's In My iPod (one of my favourite blogs) for turning me onto this.

No comments:

Post a Comment